[Zope-CMF] Re: Our CMF-CMS Demo

Jon Edwards jon@pcgs.freeserve.co.uk
Tue, 3 Jul 2001 10:58:30 +0100

Tim wrote -

> I thought this was so cool I submitted the link to Slashdot. Hope that's
OK
> with you! :-) (a joke, don't panic)

You had me reaching for the valium for a moment there!

> I would encourage you to post as much info as you can cobble together
about
> your experience working on this. It would seem that this is very similar
> what I'd like to try to do with my school's site.

I'm working on it! I thought Seb's suggestion that people building CMS
functionality on top of CMF should define a few "standards" to improve
interoperability was excellent, so I'm trying to produce something along
those lines.

(Seb, 'scuse me if I paraphrased you clumsily, any chance you could post
your initial thoughts/examples to get us started... just brief
"back-of-a-cigarette-packet" notes? I think I understand what you mean, but
I'm finding it hard to verbalise! :-)

But, in the meantime, if you're looking for a few ideas Tim, I remembered I
posted an early, clumsy, explanation back in April (seems like a hundred
years ago!) -

http://lists.zope.org/pipermail/zope-cmf/2001-April/006339.html

Comments, suggestions, and anything else that helps me kickstart my brain,
welcomed!

HTH

Cheers, Jon