[Zope-CMF] how to get the object created by invokeFactory

seb bacon seb@jamkit.com
Tue, 3 Jul 2001 14:47:05 +0100

* Chris Withers <chrisw@nipltd.com> [010703 13:47]:
> seb bacon wrote:
> >
> > Also, note that you can usually edit most of an object's attributes
> > when you instantiate it, using keyword args:
> >
> >   context.invokeFactory('Topic', id, title='foo', description='bar')
> >
> > However, Topic doesn't seem to let you do that.  One for the Tracker,
> > perhaps...
>
> Nah, I think the other objects onyl support that for PTK backwards
> compatability...

Really?  It's a useful feature, and it only takes a couple of lines of
code (some keyword arguments in the class constructor, and the factory
method).  It should stay, IMO - I use it a bit.  Why would you *not*
want it?

seb