[Zope-CMF] Where do CMF get the "Creator" variable from ?

Gitte Wange gitte@babytux.dk
Tue, 3 Jul 2001 16:44:45 +0200 (CEST)

Hello,

(Sorry if this mail is posted twice, but I'm not sure if my mailserver
works).

I would like to be able to display my users real name instead of just
their
username. I have added a property to the memberdata object called
real_name.

Now I want to display my users realname in the blark at my CMF portal.
In the
code for the Blackfolder_view method it display the &dtml-Creator;
variable.
So I thought that maybe I could find the user object with the Creator
ID and
ask for the real name. But no ... I have tried this:

 <dtml-let created_by="portal_membership.getMemberById(Creator)">
  <dtml-call "REQUEST.set('realname',created_by.real_name)">
 </dtml-let>

But I get this error:
Error Type: AttributeError
Error Value: 'None' object has no attribute 'real_name'

So I guess it isn't a valid user object it returns.

Any ideas ?

Regards,
--
Gitte Wange Jensen

Sys Admin, Developer and a lot more
MMmanager.org Aps, Denmark

Phone: +45 29 72 79 72
Email: gitte@mmmanager.org
Web: www.mmmanager.org

Quote of the day:
Also, can people who have had unhappy relationships with their
eepro100 please try to cuddle and make up again?

         - Linus Torvalds