[Zope-CMF] Re: Our CMF-CMS Demo

Norman Khine khine@btinternet.com
Tue, 3 Jul 2001 19:38:16 +0100

Hi Jon,
Yes, this is exactly what I am looking for, it is great. It is a shame that
it does not work with Netscape.

I have Netscape 6.1 installed, and upon loading of the item to edit I get
the title, summary, BUT then I only get a blank area where the actual body
text should be. The browser is not locked though.

The browser-sniffer is not working, as you say, as it should bring up the
normal text area.

Thanks

Norman

-----Original Message-----
From: Jon Edwards [mailto:jon@pcgs.freeserve.co.uk]
Sent: 03 July 2001 17:38
To: Norman Khine
Subject: RE: [Zope-CMF] Re: Our CMF-CMS Demo

Hi Norman,

Thanks for your comments (did you mean to CC the CMF-list by the way, I
think there's a few people on there tackling similar problems?)

I'll have a more detailed look, but in the meantime, here's a quick link
that might help -

http://cmf.zope.org/Members/joned/index_html/view

near the bottom you'll see "WYSIWYG CMF Document Editor". Follow the simple
instructions, and hey presto! WYSIWYG editing for CMF Documents. The link
you mentioned went dead, but luckily I had already downloaded their code
before the site went kaput!

Note : IE 4+ only, it seems to be impossible in Netscape. There's a simple
browser-sniffer in the code which should give non-IE users the normal
textarea, but one person has reported it locked up his copy of Netscape. If
you get a chance to test it with Netscape, I'd appreciate any feedback!

HTH

Cheers, Jon