[Zope-CMF] Yet Another CMF Site (yACS)

Volodymyr Cherepanyak vcherep@yahoo.com
Wed, 04 Jul 2001 18:08:45 +0300

Norman Khine wrote:

> Your Employment site is really cool, tell though what type of architectural
> problems are you experiencing? One annoying thing is that the use of ActiveX
> slows down the progress, not many people would have their settings as you
> would expect them to.
>
> Did you build two sets of skins one for Employer and the other for employee,
> if so from the registration method can you explain how you manage to do this.
>
> Also are you using the ZODB or a relational database to store your results. I
> am looking to do a similar job board but was following the
> http://www.devshed.com/Server_Side/MySQL/PerfectJob/ setup. It is very similar
> to your settup, I suppose.
>
> Any how keep up the good work
>
> Regards
>
> Norman

Thanks Norman,

Regarding our architectural problems: I posted question "New CMF, old Content
issue" on 22nd of June on zope-cmf:
http://lists.zope.org/pipermail/zope-cmf/2001-June/007756.html
Everything  is implemented as ZClasses. (Now we are working on python
translation.)
ActiveX is because of Flash banner(s) and is only for now, on this development
stage.

We got several skins but they are just for visualization. Employer and Employee
have corresponding roles besides Member.

We are using ZODB now, it looks quite OK. As soon as ZODB become suffering we
will switch to Oracle.

Regards,

Volodymyr Cherepanyak.