[Zope-CMF] Re: A better CMFworkflow

Ulrich Eck lists@net-labs.de
Fri, 6 Jul 2001 12:07:33 +0200

> Ulrich, your use cases are very helpful.  I believe the existing
> framework *can* accomodate your requirements, as Shane suggests.  In
> the laboratory example, you would start with a Project component
> workflow, which has various states.  After it's been created
> (approved?) it enters a state which requires the addition of a
> Pedigree Set before it can progress.  The pedigree set would have its
> own workflow along the same lines.  The groups stuff would be defined
> elsewhere via local roles; only 'lab staff' or similar would have the
> ability to create Sets to start with.  The Set Workflow could alter
> the access permissions on the set depending on its state.
>
> Do you think this would work?

This was kent's example .. so I forwarded your reply to him .. let's see
what he say's.

The more I think about the concept of the DC Workflow the better it fit's my
needs :)

Do you have an example how to involve more than one object in an workflow ..
e.g.
There is one object in a certain state that requires another objects state
to enable
certain transistions. The other object is created and has it's own states
and
transistions where the other depend on ??

did I get this right ??

thanks for your reply

Ulrich Eck
net-labs