[Zope-CMF] Type left in inconsistent state during add process

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Mon, 09 Jul 2001 08:46:58 +0100

Hi,

This one had me baffled for ages. I still don't know what's going on but I think
I've found out what's happening.

The process of content creation goes:

1. Enter id and select type from folder_factories

2. Enter meta data, click button

3. enter content, click button

Now, what I've noticed is that if you stop after step 1, the content is
catalogued with a Type of the base product's meta_type, regardless of what meta
types have been set up in the types tool (are these meta types actually supposed
to do anything?) or, indeed, the name of the relevant TypeInformation object.

After step two, the object will be catalogued with Type equal to the name of the
TypeInformation object, which is what I'd expect (although I still don't
understand where the Meta type set in the TypeInformation object comes into play
:-S

So, there's definitely at least one bug in here, and I'd love to squash is
before I go to Berlin but I'm rapidly running out of time :-S
For now, I'm hoping I can workaround this by calling the edit or metadata edit
methods again, which is a tad inefficient.

If anyone knows how to fix this, please let me know ;-)

cheers,

Chris