[Zope-CMF] To CMF or not to CMF

Arkaitz arkbit@yahoo.com
10 Jul 2001 02:22:27 +0200

Hi all,

For the next site we'll build, we are evaluating the Zope CMF. We like
Zope, and could use "bare-bones" Zope to develop it, but we are
wondering if the CMF is the magic piece that will give us everything
without having to reinvent the wheel ourselves.

The site is for a Non-profit organization that is mid-sized. They want
to be able to publish all the information they have, which will change
over time, plus basic news and little more. This is not going to be a
"portal", with lots of members, etc. Just the minimum editors/members
that will write the content in STX. Our job is basically to provide a
design and the tools for them to publish the information. The site won't
be in English.

Now, the question is, is this kind of site well suited for the CMF? I
guess being in the list I am, the responses will be quite possitive ;-),
but I would appreciate any reasoned answer regarding our doubt. The CMF
is a big and new beast for us, we'd like to be sure that it's worth the
effort to learn it ;-).

TIA,
Arkaitz.