[Zope-CMF] invokeFactory query

seb bacon seb@jamkit.com
Tue, 10 Jul 2001 10:42:50 +0100

I think the current behaviour is probably OK for now.  Everyone's got
their own preferred system and we'd needs lots more input from
everyone before it got changed in the codebase.  For example, my opinion
which I've voiced before (and put in the Tracker) is that ids should,
in fact, get generated from Titles.  The problem with your
invokeFactory is that if a developer wants to enforce 'meaningful'
names on content, they'll have to replace your version.

IMO, until there's more of a discussion about the 'correct'
implementation, people like us who want something different should
just be replacing invokeFactory.  Personally, I'm subclassing
PortalFolder to extend the services offered by it anyway, so I just
override invokeFactory.

seb

* Chris Withers <chrisw@nipltd.com> [010710 09:57]: