[Zope-CMF] How to edit Zclass Portal Content PropertySheets?

Tres Seaver tseaver@palladion.com
Mon, 16 Jul 2001 11:06:30 -0400 (EDT)

On Sat, 14 Jul 2001, Brad Clements wrote:

> I have a few zclasses, some with 5 or 6 propertysheets and
> views (with different rights)
>
> I've rebased this to be based on CMFCore:PortalContent
>
> Now I'm trying to figure out the best (ie, easiest) way to get
> these property sheets to look like they belong in a CMF edit
> screen.
>
> I'd like to have management-like tabs on a single CMF Edit
> action page.. But I'd settle for just about anything that can
> produce CMF skinned propertysheet pages from my existing ZClass
> propertysheets without having me manually create view/edit
> methods for each sheet.
>
> Can someone suggest how I can get Zclass property sheets to
> work correctly under CMF?  IE, instead of using
> myObject/propertysheets/sheet1/manage ..

In the "Methods" tab of your ZClass, try creating an "edit"
PropertySheetInterface for each property sheet.  Replace the
ZMI header / footer with a standard one, and cut / paste into
your skins.  Update the ACTION of the form to post to a Python
script which calls 'manage_changePropertes' and redirects to
HTTP_REFERRER.  Voila!

Tres.