[Zope-CMF] Customized image_edit causes browser hang on upload, even with no changes

Tres Seaver tseaver@palladion.com
Wed, 18 Jul 2001 18:15:52 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 18 Jul 2001, Brad Clements wrote:

> I want to customize image_edit so it can create a thumbnail if
> the image is uploaded as a child of a custom Folder meta-type.
>
> I went to the content folder, found image_edit and clicked
> "customize"
>
> In the manage screen of the custom image_edit, I clicked save
> without making any changes.

Does it work before you click "Save changes"?  The object is
there once you click "Customize".

> When I try to upload an image.. my browser now just hangs.
>
> If I rename custom/image_edit to image_editXXX, the retry the
> image upload, it works.
>
> There's something very strange happening here, any ideas?
>
> CMF-1.1 on Zope-2.3.3 on RH Linux 7.0

Hmm, have you customized the image upload form, by chance?  I
can't think of any other reason why this would break, and I
can't reproduce it on my Linux box against current CVS.

A couple of things to check:

  - Is the customized 'image_edit' a DTMLMethod or a
    PythonScript?

  - What browser are you uploading the file from?

  - Does the edit form have ':file' appended to the file
    browser element?

Tres.