[Zope-CMF] Should Effectice Dates be part of Workflow?

seb bacon seb@jamkit.com
Fri, 20 Jul 2001 14:37:58 +0100

* Chris Withers <chrisw@nipltd.com> [010720 09:15]:
> Anyway, regardless of whether its owrkflow related or not, should that lump of
> code really be written in DTML _and_ be stashed in the presentation layer?

I agree, it's ugly.  It would be nice if it were at least in a
pythonscript.

> > The "event tool" proposal is a more general solution, likely to be
> > implemented
> > for the next release of CMF:
> >
> >   http://cmf.zope.org/rqmts/proposals/EventsTool
>
> Thanks, I still need to take a look at that :-S
>
> Would that also provide a better solution for the Effective Date range problem?

Surely so.  It would present endless opportunities to hook
presentation logic to strategic points.  I'm really looking forward to
this tool :-)  Have you folks started working on it yet?  I've not
checked out the CVS for a while...

seb