[Zope-CMF] Changing portal_metadata tool

Dan Keshet dkesh@channel1.com
Sun, 22 Jul 2001 12:45:59 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

I want to add an Element to the portal_metadata tool.  Are there plans to make
metadata Elements configurable?  Right now, is it possible to change the
metadata tool without creating a whole new CMF site?   I can't seem to add or
delete a portal_metadata tool...

So I tried playing with MetadataTool.py, and adding to the list of
DEFAULT_ELEMENT_SPECS, but that doesn't seem to have an effect.

Also, I noticed later down that each Element has it's own listAllowed function.
Why not make listAllowedVocabulary public and pass the Element type in?  Would
this make it easier to add Elements?

Thanks!