[Zope-CMF] Login

Sedat Yilmazer sedat@kibele.com
Mon, 23 Jul 2001 19:08:08 +0300

 I had a similar problem some time ago. my solution was=20
<not 100% secure>
 Client side
 1-) create a random 64 char key
 2-) encode the user name and password via that key
 3-) get system time and encode it using the key
 4-) concatenate the key, system time  and the encoded chars to for a =
parameter
 3-) pass that parameter to the web server

 Web server side
 1-) get the parameter
 2-) split the first 64 chars key encoded system time and the rest
 3-) decode the rest using the first 64 chars
 4-) decode the system time. If the system time is somewhere near the =
curren time continue otherwise reject
 5-) try to auth. the user

 My encoding/DECODING  was simple XOR. Looking at the passed parameter =
you will see a junk. I would not attempt to decode that.

</not 100% secure>

 Sedat