[Zope-CMF] change default site

seb bacon seb@jamkit.com
Wed, 25 Jul 2001 09:46:18 +0100

* josh@pdxbands.com <josh@pdxbands.com> [010725 07:46]:
> How do I configure the default page and then what items on the page the user
> can change?
>
> 	I found the reference to the default page in MembershipTool.py but going
> through there to modify seemed wrong.  If there is an easy way to do this I
> would like to know.  I would like to predefine the index_html for the user
> but allow them to change the elements as they like.

No, you're right.  Unfortunately you'll have to tinker with the code.
Each member's home page is copied into their folder as per the code in
MembershipTool.  You'll not be wanting a Document anyway, if you need
their home page to be dynamic.

Instead, you could make the home folder be a SkinnedFolder, then add a
view action to it which does its logic in dtml / python scripts.

If you don't know how to do that, here are some quick pointers: you
can add a SkinnedFolder in the same way that a Document is added in
MembershipTool (it would be something like
SkinnedFolder.addSkinnedFolder...).  Actions can be set via a tab on
the Types Tool, on a per Type basis.  Stick dtml methods corresponding
to these actions in a new skin folder in the Skins tool.  Use a
'memberfolder_view' action to iterate through the contents of the
member's folder and display them beautifully.  That's one one of
doing it, anyway.

seb