[Zope-CMF] Bug(s) with CMF and ProxyPass?

Bill Anderson anderson@hp.com
25 Jul 2001 12:15:00 -0600

Ok, so I am trying out proxypass, apache, and CMF w/SiteRoot.

I seem to have run into some issues.

Issue 1: CMFWiki wiki edit form action URL
I know CMFWIki is non-supported, but there is a bug in it, I think. THe
URL for the editform action seems to not work.

On my setup, I have a CMF at the root of a fresh Data.fs, and a folder
in there called DevelopmentWikis. Under there, lies a set of wikis,
FunctionalityWiki and AppearanceWiki. This is mapped through
proxypass/siteroot to http://hostname/wyrmforge/

If I go to edit the FrontPage of either of these, I get the editform
fine, but when I click change, I get a 404. The action URL is
/DevelopmentWikis/.... completely ignoring the portal url. I managed to
work around it by customizing the editform to have it prepend portal_url
to it.

Then I had to edit the editform_handler to redirect to the right place,
using the same basic technique (though in python by concatenating the
two together, of course).

This exact same wiki setup (ndeed the very same Data.fs and wikis) was
working fine prior to proxypass use.

Issue 2: Reply to member's index_html
-------------------------------------

Here, I have a very similiar problem. IF I am replying at top level (as
in a first reply) to my index_html (in my Members/Bill page), and click
preview, it returns a site error, unable to find:

DiscussionItemContainer instance at 8b7ada0

I hvae yet to look into this one further. I, likewise,
have not tried it w/o proxypass, as I just stumbled across it.

It works fine I hit submit w/o preview, or if I am at a level below the
first; as in a reply to a reply.

I'll try to collect all these and get them ready for the tracker
sometime today.

Cheers,

--
Bill Anderson