[Zope-CMF] Bug(s) with CMF and ProxyPass?

Richard Barrett R.Barrett@ftel.co.uk
Thu, 26 Jul 2001 11:59:01 +0100

At 12:15 25/07/2001 -0600, Bill Anderson <anderson@hp.com> wrote:

>Ok, so I am trying out proxypass, apache, and CMF w/SiteRoot.
>
>I seem to have run into some issues.

you will find two lines in CMFWikiPage.py that read as follows:

line 1156:        return '/' + self.absolute_url(relative=1)
line 1161:        return '/' + self._my_folder().absolute_url(relative=1)

I believe your problem arises because of the "relative=1" which appears to
suppress the effect of the SiteRoot/Virtual Host Monster or whatever when
the URL is generated.

The non-CMF wiki software installed from ZWiki.tgz (which I guess is what
CMFWiki was derived from) has the same problem and I changed the code to
remove the "relative=1" and this seems to have fixed the problem.

I have no idea why the author relativized the url in these cases and the
change doesn't seem to have any deleterious effects.

If you change these lines as follows I think you will find ProxyPass with
SiteRoot will (probably) operate correctly with CMFWiki.