[Zope-CMF] Restricting Creation of ContentTypes to specific Roles.

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Sat, 28 Jul 2001 13:15:44 +0100

Norman Khine wrote:

> cmf. In perticular I would like to understand the mechanism which controls
> what a Member can add to the portal, for example:
>
> If I create the following roles:
>
> News_Editor - this person can only add NewsItems
> Document_Editor - this person can only add DocumentItems
> Members - they can only add folders, images, files and URL links

You can only do this messilly right now by fiddling with the view permission on
the Type objects in the PortalTypes tool :-(

So, News_Editor would onyl have the view permission of the NewsItems Type
object.

cheers,

Chris