[Zope-CMF] Re: How to use already existing products with CMF?

Amr Malik aeamalik@yahoo.com
Mon, 30 Jul 2001 05:47:12 -0700 (PDT)

Norbert,

   Thanks so much for your reply! I am looking to do something generally
similar to your site (a community site). The main "content" if you will,
is going to be the directory of links to resources. I was thinking of using
YiHaw if possible so that I might get a headstart, but feared what you have
described in your message: the headaches of integrating these modules into
CMF.

   The best way to go would be to use the CMF itself, its just that I'm not
sure where to start customizing it. Thanks to the ZWACK CH5, I know how to
create a simple skin and probably a type. The Portal Poll product was
instructive as well, but there is a lot of pieces missing for me in this puzzle

that I need to figure out :( . Your site looks great! Would it be possible
for you to share the customizations you did or the new stuff you implemented
(yihaw like functionality for example) I'm not looking for code or
implementation details, just an overview of the process you went thru (starting
from stock CMF) to get there!

Thanks,

Amr