[Zope-CMF] Re: Chicken and the Egg -- WAS -- Using CMF without portal like features

Dario Lopez-Kästen dario@ita.chalmers.se
Tue, 31 Jul 2001 09:22:42 +0200

Count me/us in into Amr's and Lynn's crowd as well. We'd love to use the
MCF, especially after Chris Wither's walkthrough of Swishdot at the Eurozope
conference in Berin. What he does is to simply use the CMF as general
components/modules to build upon, and not only to be used for portal design.

This is doc thing of the CMF is actually history repeating itself. Think
Zope about 1-1.5 yeas ago...

As lynn said, it is **very** hard to write docs about something you don't
understand. At the moment it is very hard for a newcomer looking at the CMF
for the first time to do any of the things mentioned in the "CMF Fact
Sheet"... **groan, groan**

We'll probably have to abandon CMF for the time being until we understand it
a bit more. If I can find the time write som docs for internal use, I'll be
happy to make the available for general use, but this will probably not
happen until the end of year (we have a **very** tight schedule for the next
6 months, and I need time to grok the CMF...)

/dario

Dario Lopez-Kästen     Systems Developer  Chalmers Univ. of Technology
dario@ita.chalmers.se  ICQ will yield no hits    IT Systems & Services