[ez] Re: [Zope-CMF] Re: Chicken and the Egg -- WAS -- Using CMF without portal like features

Mark Pratt mpratt@beehive.de
Tue, 31 Jul 2001 09:38:05 +0200 (CEST)

hi dario,

have you had a chance to take a look at our Chapter 5 from
the upcoming Sams book "Zope Web Application Construction
Kit".

its almost 100 pages of documentation about the CMF.

its very difficult to find on the cmf.zope.org since a link to=20
it seems to have been (accidentally removed). so here is the
http://cmf.zope.org/Members/beehive/ZWACKChap5.html

cheers,

mark

mark pratt  (managing director) =09mark@beehive.de
beehive elektronische medien GmbH       http://www.beehive.de
phone: +49 30 847-82 0                  fax: +49 30 847-82 299

On Tue, 31 Jul 2001, Dario Lopez-K=E4sten wrote:

> Count me/us in into Amr's and Lynn's crowd as well. We'd love to use the
> MCF, especially after Chris Wither's walkthrough of Swishdot at the Euroz=
ope
> conference in Berin. What he does is to simply use the CMF as general
> components/modules to build upon, and not only to be used for portal desi=
gn.
>=20
> This is doc thing of the CMF is actually history repeating itself. Think
> Zope about 1-1.5 yeas ago...
>=20
> As lynn said, it is **very** hard to write docs about something you don't
> understand. At the moment it is very hard for a newcomer looking at the C=
MF