[Zope-CMF] Refactored Control Skin Layer

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Fri, 1 Jun 2001 12:24:43 +0100

Hi,

To help me understand the CMF better I've been refactoring :-)

I've just finished doing the 'Control' skin layer and would be happy to mail
a .zip of the result to anyone who's interested. Mainly changed a lot of
DTML methods into PythonScripts which cut down their size a lot and made
them much easier to read...

While doing this, I solved the problem that if errors occurred during
copy/paste/undo/etc, you would get the standard zope error message dialog
and then get redirected to the management interface.
Sadly, because CopySupport throws sucky string exceptions (and PythonScripts
don't have access to any other exceptions so they can be caught :-S), the
best I could do was to catch all exception and return a very general error
message in portal_status_message.

Let me know if you want a copy, I'd be muchly chuffed if this could work its
way into the release :-)

cheers,

Chris

PS: Has anyone thought of using sessions for portal_status_message, much
cleaner IMHO...