[Zope-CMF] Q: how to forbid users to join?

Jens Quade jq@jquade.de
01 Jun 2001 16:17:02 +0200

Heiko Stoermer <heiko.stoermer@andreas-schmid.de> writes:

> how do I disable the whole "join" functionality of CMF?
> I want only these users be able to log in that I have in my LDAPLoginAdapter
> folder.

To remove the functionality, you have to remove addMember (or replace
by an empty function) from the RegistrationTool.
(the addMember function in the MembershipTool called by the
RegistrationTool is private, so it should be difficult to abuse it).

To remove the join action from the action box, you have to overwrite
listActions in the ActionsTool.

 # This will eventually be configurable through the portal_actions UI.

I'll soon have to implement both changes myself, so I'm interested
in the actual implementation you choose...

jens

--
Shipping software is an unnatural act