[Zope-CMF] Stock Zope objects in CMF instance

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Fri, 1 Jun 2001 23:03:36 +0100

> > obvious symptom: DiscussionTool.isDiscussionAllowedFor
> > breaks because the content object, which I assume is the
> > LocalFS folder, doesn't have a 'Type' method.

I had this too, can't remember what from though, I think it might have been
using a DTML Document in a skin layer... *thinks* yup, that was it... my
workaround was to use DTML methods...

> Thanks very much for reporting this.  As it turns out,
> solving this problem opens the door to allowing "stock" Zope
> objects to be mapped as CMF Content:

...ah, so that's why it didn't work ;-)

> I just prototyped this here, and was able to set up a TypeInfo
> object for DTML Documents;  such objects then began to "play nice"
> inside the CMF Site, which is waaaaay cool.

...indeed :-)

Lookin' forward to seeing it in the CVS...

Chris