[Zope-CMF] Patch to make viewing portal instance quit Zope :-(

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Sat, 2 Jun 2001 00:28:00 +0100

> 1) The skins tool deliberately unlinks itself temporarily from the
> acquisition chain to avoid the need to play with security.
> Anything inside portal_skins is considered free game but skin paths
> can't leave the sandbox.

Hurm... I'm sure you explained to me how I could get what I'm after about a
month ago, if only I had mailing list archives to hand :-S

It seems like a good idea to me to let folders outside the skins tool be
used as skin layers, if only to allow the sharing of customised skins
between portal instances. Am I missing something?

> 2) This code is executed before authentication occurs.  I'm not sure but
> I think restrictedTraverse() will work, it's just that privileged skins
> won't work.

I'll leave this for the other thread ;-)

> 3) The original code carefully avoids throwing exceptions and performing
> recursive lookups.  Your current code starts fires. :-)

Wow, and reducing the number of lines of code is usually supposed to make
thigns better *grinz*
Well, I would like to get this to work, so any help would be muchly
appreciated...

cheers,

Chris