[Zope-CMF] Portal Discussion

marc lindahl marc@bowery.com
Sun, 03 Jun 2001 21:02:16 -0400

> From: "Chris Withers" <chrisw@nipltd.com>

> 1. The discussability of a piece of content should be decided by the
> discussion tool, not the types tool.

Hmmm... that does make sense!   In fact, could have a matrix similar to the
permissions matrix, so that discussability could be dependant on role?

> 2. Replies should be 'first-class' content objects:
>
> - let them be renamed.

Meaning, the title?  I don't see why the replyor need even muck with the Id.

> - let them be deleted.

Sure, in the context of a workflow?

> - the their author decide where to put them

Not sure why.... but as a sitewide policy perhaps.  Anyhow, if you could
easily construct a portalTopic to list all of 'your' replies, etc. then it
should be of less importance where they actually are.