[Zope-CMF] Proposal to modify File

Tres Seaver tseaver@palladion.com
Mon, 4 Jun 2001 09:10:59 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 4 Jun 2001, seb bacon wrote:

> At the moment, my MSWord conversion stuff manifests itself in a
> WordDoc Type.  However, it occured to me that it would probably be
> nicer to sniff File types at upload time and create the correct type
> accordingly, rather than having a whole slew of different types to
> chose from for a new file when you create it.  This would require File
> being implemented in a similar way to NullResource, I guess, creating
> the correct object by looking it up in the brand new, very cool
> content types registry.

Hmm, I guess I don't quite get what you mean.  Do you want to
*change* the 'portal_type' when the user uploads a new Content-type
into an existing File?  The PUT_factory can already decide which
kind of thing to make on the initial upload;  I doubt that many
folks will change the type, if for no other reason than that the
tools they use mangle the type into the ID.

Tres.
Tres Seaver                               tseaver@palladion.com