[Zope-CMF] folder_factories length

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Mon, 4 Jun 2001 21:13:06 +0100

> I'm munging HTML out of Word and Excel documents.  The only way I can
> support this file type specific behaviour is by creating a Word Type
> and and Excel Type (both based on File).

...which is exactly as it should be. These are both new types of content
with very differing implementations.

> this won't be a problem; but they might be confused by the fact that
> they have to treat what is to them a 'file' as one of several Types
> listed.  Similarly, webDAV isn't always an option.

I dunno, people are pretty used to seeing different icons next to files on
their desktops, and this is nothing wore than that ;-)

> So, yes, the functionality does already exit in the PUT_factory.
> However,  I'd like the same as a PUT_factory, but for TTW uploads -
> a POST_factory, I suppose.

Well, how about creating an 'Upload' form and stick it at the bottom of
folder_contents?
This could take anything and feed it to the PUT_factory :-)

You did have a good point though:
> my users will have to select the file
> type they're adding from an increasingly lengthy folder factory list.

How are we going to deal with the length of this list growing to unusable
proportions?

cheers,

Chris