[Zope-CMF] More Refactoring done :-)

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Tue, 5 Jun 2001 00:38:25 +0100

Hi,

I've now done the generic folder (wow, what a mission :-S) with only the
undo_form and viewThreadsAtBottom not yet seen to.
If anyone is interested, drop me a mail. I'd love to see this in a CMF
release, but I guess that's up to DC now... Tres or Shane, let me know if
you want the .zip, it's about 43kB so I wasn't gonna fire it to the whole
list ;-)

The highlights are:

- A much nicer folder view
- Errors caught on folder operations
- the filter form on folders now works ;-)
- the rename form lets you rename more than one object at a time
- the search form has been sorted out a lot
...and loads of other stuff I've forgotten since it hit midnight...

There's a _lot_ more python scripts in this version because I really hate
seeing logic in DTML.
It's now nicely seperated as to what's doing what and if speed becomes an
issue, there's nothing stopping you customizing them back out again.
However, for new users, while they might be scared by the number of objects
initially, they'll find it easier to work out what's going on in the long
run.

Well, hopefully I'll polish of the above two items tomorrow, then there's
just the content layer to go :-)

If people would be interested in a .zip once I've got all the layers done,
let me know now...

cheers,

Chris

PS: Doing this, I've also got rid of methods that weren't actually being
used anywhere, so it's as important to note what's not there as what's been
added.