[Zope-CMF] CMF Tracker

Tres Seaver tseaver@palladion.com
Tue, 05 Jun 2001 08:27:52 -0400

Kent Polk wrote:

> I see I should have problems with CVS updates more often.
>
> A keyerror problem with not finding base_font_color turned up this
> morning with a CVS up.

I have another report of this problem, but can't reproduce it.

> While looking around to determine the source
> fo the problem, I noticed that a few extra things had showed up in
> the CMF CVS. In particular the CMFTracker documentation...

Note that the "proto-product" consists entirely of *requirements*
documentation at this point.  The product-to-be is intended to provide
a migration path for the content currently stored in the collector and
the various trackers on www.zope.org.

> Questions :
>
> - any idea of how flexible the CMF Tracker is intended to be? Might
>   it be possible to support requests whose 'issue' acceptance
>   includes creating another CMF object that is referenced and
>   tracked with the request status (via a status method)?

It is not *designed* to support that, but the flexibility of skins
and customized workflow might *allow* it to support that.

> - will nested requests be supported (a request that initiates
>   another request, etc.)?

Not out of the box;  again, the skins/workflow machinery might permit
extending it in that direction.

> "Interesting job you guys have"

"Ain't dat da troot'."

Tres.