[Zope-CMF] Proposal: Additional member properties to allow anonymous viewof the member roster

Shane Hathaway shane@digicool.com
Tue, 5 Jun 2001 14:14:14 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 5 Jun 2001, [iso-8859-1] Gr=E9goire Weber wrote:

> But it didn't solve the problem entirely because 'getRoster'
> is declared protected. I changed it to declarePublic (see
> diff below). This solved the problem with the redirect to
> the login_form!

No need.  Just turn on the "List portal members" permission for Anonymous
instead.

> Did I found a bug or is it intended not to show the roster
> to anonymous surfers?

Since it's protected by a permission, the intention is that a site
administrator can choose the policy.  That's the neat thing about Zope
permissions and roles.

> Additionaly, I would be interested in a feature to get only
> especially selected members (selection by Manager). I'd like
> to list only special members (or organisations, see my first
> e-mail below) at the front portals page.

For this you might consider subclassing the membership tool, or simply
applying a filter to the entire list when displaying the members.

Shane