[Zope-CMF] RE: BT caching rant (was: Editing and caching conflicts)

Tres Seaver tseaver@palladion.com
Fri, 08 Jun 2001 08:37:30 -0400

Jon Edwards wrote:

> Thanks for the pointer Seb!
>
> In my case I have a kinda solution - I use standard_html_header for view
> pages, and editpage_header for editing pages (so that they can have a
> different layout and stylesheet). So, I can put the no-cache stuff in the
> edit pages only.
>
> However, I wonder if the problem with caching is widespread enough that some
> solution should be added to the out-of-the-box CMF? It might save an awful
> lot of helpdesk/support enquiries from confused end-users? Anyone else
> encountering caching problems?

The trick is that this is a *very* site-sensitive notion;  some of our
clients,
for instance, would scream if we disabled caching by default, as the
resulting
load would crush their servers.

Fixing it your local skins is the best choice, at least until we get better
integration with the CacheManager functionality in zope.

Tres.