[Zope-CMF] Dogbowl news broken?

Ben Riga briga@borland.com
Fri, 08 Jun 2001 09:31:47 -0700

I just tried it again and have more info for you.

On a hunch I switched skins (from the Nouvelle skin to the Basic skin) and
it now works.  Sorry to send you down the wrong path.  It looks like the
Nouvelle skin is doing something wrong.

Clicking on "announcement of color guide" brings up a login dialog which
does not accept my password.  It does this whether I'm logged in or not.

Ben

-----Original Message-----
From: Tres Seaver [mailto:tseaver@palladion.com]
Sent: Friday, June 08, 2001 9:22 AM
To: Ben Riga
Cc: zope-cmf@zope.org
Subject: RE: [Zope-CMF] Dogbowl news broken?

On Fri, 8 Jun 2001, Ben Riga wrote:

>   It appears that something was fixed but not completely.  I can get to
the
> "New How-To" and "CMF 1.1beta" news items now whether I'm logged in or
not.
> That's good.
>
>   I still cannot get most of the other news items as they bring up a
> user/password dialog but do not accept my password.  When I cancel out,
> naturally I get a unauthorized message.

I checked in a fairly comprehensive workaround for the
'checkPermissions' problem, and synched the dogbowl with it.
I can click through to all the news items on the home page, either
as Anonymous or as a non-privileged member.  Are you still having
trouble with it?

Tres.
Tres Seaver                               tseaver@palladion.com