[Zope-CMF] security question

seb bacon seb@jamkit.com
Sat, 9 Jun 2001 15:36:17 +0100

Hi,

I've got a base class for all my content types which derives from
PortalContent.  I'm doing a permission check using the
_checkPermission utility function, which is always failing.  I've
found that the reason is that getAuthenticatedMember is always
returning 'Anonymous', even though, for example, the user name which
is displayed in the actions_box is 'seb'.

I'm not very up on how the securityManager stuff works, so it's taking
me a while to debug.  Has anyone got any suggestions as to why, in the
context of my Content Types, I seem to be 'Anonymous'; yet in the skin
which displays the object

  <dtml-var "portal_membership.getAuthenticatedMember()">

returns 'seb'?

cheers

seb