[Zope-CMF] Dublin Core

Ricardo Newbery newbery@dvgroup.com
Sat, 9 Jun 2001 10:15:03 -0700

As a relative newcomer to this space, I would like to chime in on the
desire for an improved CMF metadata framework.

Metadata requirements are going to differ.  The Dublin Core set is
good as a default and a lowest common denominator but it would be
extremely useful to have an easy way to switch in another metadata
scheme and a straightforward mechanism to map the local scheme onto
the Dublin Core default elements.

It would also be useful to have some mechanism to handle generic
metadata requests from external clients -- the Open Archives project
seems like a good start in this direction.

Hmm... maybe I should write this up as a dogbowl proposal?

Ricardo Newbery
newbery@dvgroup.com