[Zope-CMF] Mailing List / Weblog cross

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Mon, 11 Jun 2001 14:07:30 +0100

seb bacon wrote:

> We have a client who wants an extranet which indexes email, so I'm
> going to use ZMailIn and a CMF Mail type to store mails.  It'd be nice
> to thread them automatically too, and perhaps in fact add a mailing
> list management interface, but I need to beware of feature creep.

This sounds a lot like some of the stuff I want in Swishdot 1.0 ;-)
Although I'd prefer to leave the management stuff in the workflow tool so people
can customize it as needs exist.
That way, you can also think about more funky things like only subscribing to
threads the system knows you're interested in...

In essence, my aim for Swishdot is a Weblog/Mailist List cross, without the
mailing list problem of either subscribing to everything or nothing.

What do you think about my idea for a portal_mail tool?

cheers,

Chris