[Zope-CMF] (no subject)

Kent Polk kent@goathill.org
Wed, 13 Jun 2001 16:53:00 -0500 (CDT)

seb bacon wrote:

> > Note that I haven't figured out how to get the folder view methods
> > to automatically use *my* BioSample folder methods instead of the
> > default folder views. I think I would have to replace the default
>
> I'm not sure I understand here, but I *think* you need to set the
> directoryViews in Portal.py, and set your skinselection to be the
> default (default=1)

I don't think this would help me as this is mainly (I think) for
adding skins methods, which I have already done. What I need is to
override how my custom item folders are viewed from the std interface.

Last time I looked, (couple of weeks ago) the default folder view
has something that was hard-coded and prevented me from simply
providing a skin for just *my* folder product. Being as my brain
can't remember anything more than a few hours old any more, I can't
remember exactly what it was, but folder viewing was handled a bit
differently from other CMF items and was not as implicitly skinnable
as other items.

Once in my skin methods, I can control what methods are used from
there (somewhat), but the initial folder view I couldn't override.
I did add actions to the Item, one of which is the item's folderish
view method, but it's confusing to have two different ways to view
the folderish item.

> > with the current skins for folders, *and* I haven't figure out
> > exactly how to get folderish items to have a correct workflow,
> > which is something I eventually need for this, but ... first things
> > first.
>
> I got a folderish item to use its own workflow - mail me if you need a
> hand.

I would very much appreciate it.

Thanks!