[Zope-CMF] Proposal: Additional member properties to allow anonymous viewof the member roster

Grégoire Weber gregoire.weber@switzerland.org
Thu, 14 Jun 2001 11:36:34 +0200

James,

It is not necesaary to change any Python code.

To change the permissions I first went to the root of the CMF instance.
There I choosed the 'Security' tab. Find 'List portal members'. There you
can decide who can list the members.

Second, I used the following DTML snippet to show the members on my front
page:
<dtml-let roster="portal_membership.getRoster()">
<dtml-in roster mapping orphan=1 start=qs>
<dtml-let homeUrl="portal_membership.getHomeUrl(id, verifyPermission=0)">
<dtml-if homeUrl><a
href="&dtml-homeUrl;">&dtml-id;</a><dtml-else>&dtml-id;</dtml-if><dtml-unles
s sequence-end>, </dtml-unless>
</dtml-let>
</dtml-in>
</dtml-let>

It generates output of the form: member1, member2, member3 etc. I got the
code from index_html of the roster dtml methodof the generic skin. Have a
look there.

I hope this will help you!

Greg

At 15:05 13.06.01 +0200, you wrote:

> >> Tres wrote:
> >> CMFDefault.MembershipTool.getRoster is protected by the permission,
> >> 'List portal members.'  If you want to expose the roster to anonymous
> >> users, simply map that permission only the Anonymous role.
> >I changed it ... and wow, it worked. I really didn't look at this
> >management screen.
>
> Hi Grégoire,
>
> I was wondering how exactly you changed this.
> Should I change the MembershipTool.py
> if yes
>   where and how.
>
> else