[Zope-CMF] webdav & ids with spaces

seb bacon seb@jamkit.com
Fri, 15 Jun 2001 10:18:23 +0100

WebDAV won't work if you try to upload a file whose name contains a
space.  apropos my mail yesterday about comprehensible ids, this can
easily be fixed by putting

 name = self.cookId(name)

in the PUT_factory.  however, this is a problem with Zope's webdav
rather than the CMF.  this raises the question as to whether or not
'correcting' an id is desirable behaviour or not.  As I mentioned in
my other mail, I believe users don't need to know about ids, and
they're the people who matter.  With webdav, it's more of problem
since there's no mechanism for passing error messages back; it just
fails with error 500.

Should ids be corrected by default, or not?

seb