[Zope-CMF] Water-dish discussion? (Using Structured Text source)

Tres Seaver tseaver@palladion.com
Fri, 15 Jun 2001 07:11:08 -0400

Chris McDonough wrote:

> Tres Seaver wrote:
>
>>Chris McDonough wrote:
>>

>>>Is "EditableBody" something that wants to be common across lots of CMF
>>>content types?
>>>
>>I have been pondering a more generic interface for the same stuff
>>as 'CookedBody' (in order to support templated composites, etc.)
>>The 'EditableBody' one probably only makes sense for document-ish
>>things, and feels a bit of a hack.
>>

> Is there a rhyme or reason to why some attributes are DoubleCapitals?  I
> notice that all the Dublin Core stuff is, otherwise it's sort of hit and
> miss.

The convention *I* prefer is to use "camel-case" (mixed upper
and lower) for methods, usually with a leading lowercase;
I usually want to reserve all-lower-case-with-underscores for
attribute names.

The DublinCore elements are actually query methods, and are spelt
with leading caps to signal their compliance with DCMI (more or less);
the "semantically qualified" date fields ('CreationDate',
'EffectiveDate', &c) are not part of DCMI, but are part of the same
interface.

The other DublinCore interfaces all use leading-lower-case ('setFormat',
'created', etc).

'CookedBody' and 'EditableBody' aren't my spellings;  I would,
technically, prefer accessors to start with 'get', 'list', or 'is'.

Tres.