[Zope-CMF] How to work with topics?

Grégoire Weber gregoire.weber@switzerland.org
Tue, 19 Jun 2001 16:28:55 +0200

Hi all!

two hours but I didn't find any information about

   +-------------------+
   | how to use topics |
   +-------------------+

"in real life". Is there a How-To?

What I mean is: How do I add (ok, that's clear) and customize a new topic?
And how do I view a topic? Which steps do I have to do?

I use a CVS checkout which was Head about one or two weeks ago (past
CMF1.1beta). So the portal_topics tool is preinstalled.

I've done the following:
 - Through the ZMI I added a "CMF Topic Objects" (in a Memebers
   folder, I also tried it in the CMF root).
 - It's name is 'Test' and it looks like a folder
 - It is empty
 - So I tried <Members folder>/Test/topic_criteria_form so I get a
   form with the title 'Topic Criteria: Test'
 - I added a new topic criteria (Subject, String), I set 'test'
   as value. Saved Changes.
 - now in the ZMI there is a 'crit__Subject'

Now:
 - If I view the page with <Members folder>/Test I get an error (ok there
is no index_html)

So, how do I use Topics at all?

I'am stuck like a newby (ok, I am one at CMF :-). I'am not sure if I do
missunderstand something totaly.

Tips & Tricks, Links would be appreciated, Thanks

Greg
Grégoire Weber
mailto:gregoire.weber@switzerland.org