[Zope-CMF] Skins

Cyrille Giquello cyrille@ktaland.com
Thu, 21 Jun 2001 11:58:01 +0200

James van der Veen wrote:

> >> HI all,
> >>
> >> I have a (I think)simple skins question.
> >>
> >> I have added a Folder to the CMFDefault/skins dir. called school. I =
added
> >> some docs I want to add to the custom skin every time I make a porta=
l.
> >> Well All is fine till now .. I restart zope create a new portal and =
my
> skin
> >> is in the skins folder. And here comes the BUT...
> >> The Docs are still protected (like the generic and contents etc fold=
ers).
> >> would like the docs in my school folder to be unlocked sothe portal
> mangers
> >> can change them in the same school dir.
> >>
> >> Can someone tell me how to do this?
>
> >I think you can't do that.Because of the base of skins.
>
> >All base skins are filesystem files, so to customising a skin you have=
> put it in the
> >custom folder via the ZMI (zope management interface). Your school's s=
kin
> comes like
> >generic, content, ...
>
> >Cyrille
>
> Hi Cyrille,
>
> So you mean there is no way I can unlock the locked Skins folders?
> They must be declared locked somewhere or aren=B4t they?

I'm not a expert ;o)
But I think the philosophy of skins is that you don't have to change the =
"model", and just
customize some page for your need.
Perhaps a skins's guru will join this thread to give you more explains.

Cheers.

Cyrille

Encryption | Duncan Campbell | DST | Blacklisted 411 | ECHELON | 2600 | P=
GP | Corsica |
NSA