[Zope-CMF] Does portal_catalog have a getobject method ?

Kent Polk kent@goatnospamhill.org
22 Jun 2001 17:01:55 GMT

On 22 Jun 2001 09:05:01 -0500, Chris Withers wrote:
> seb bacon wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> getobject(data_record_id_) works for me :-)
>
> Yurch!
>
> That's deprecated, horrible and likely to break ;-)
>
> Use the getObject method of the brains you get back from Catalog searches...

Note that I posted regarding this same topic yesterday (great minds
think alike :^)

The reason I thought it ought to be portal_catalog.getobject() was
to take advantage of the cmf security wrapping provided by
CMFCore/interfaces/portal_catalog.py

Do the brains provide for this in the same way?

Adding getobject to portal_catalog.py was about as trivial as it
gets, so I was wondering why it wasn't in there already.