[Zope-CMF] Another CMF site to play with

Shane Hathaway shane@digicool.com
Fri, 22 Jun 2001 22:52:46 -0400

Jonathan Corbet wrote:

> I've put up a CMF-based attempt at a new LWN.net daily page at:
>
>         http://newdaily.lwn.net/
>
> It's currently automatically updated from the regular LWN daily page, so it
> will always have the current news.  I would be most pleased if people would
> check it out and let me know what you think.  I've got a lot of things yet
> to do, but this version shows some of the features I have in mind.

I like it!  Maybe it's just because I'm familiar with CMF idioms, but
the site seems a little more integrated.  The search form is a good
example--on the current site the search form almost gives you the
impression that you've left LWN.

Now, this probably wasn't intentional, but in a way navigation is easier
for some people when you can just look at the folder contents:

http://newdaily.lwn.net/2001/06/22/folder_contents

> Please *don't* link to this site, or spread it around widely; I'm not ready
> for that quite yet.  And don't upload anything you need to keep...

Are you planning to have user-contributed content, then?  That would be
interesting!

Shane