[Zope-CMF] SkinnedFolder and the view method

Kent Polk kent@goathill.org
25 Jun 2001 20:23:07 GMT

I am attempting to move my folderish objects over to using
SkinnedFolder and am apparently missing something important.

I have my default action set for View:

    'actions': (
       {'name': 'View',
        'id': 'view',
        'action': 'bsample_contents',
        'permissions'   :
        (CMFCorePermissions.ManageProperties,),
        'category': 'folder'
        },

(BTW, the CMFCorePermissions.ManageProperties is nice)

Now the 'View' action works (as does .../item/ and ../item/index_html),
however, it appears from SkinnedFolder.py that my View action should
be picked up using the view method :

    def _index_html( self ):

	path = ti.getActionById('view', None)

when I specify it by URL as in .../obj/view

However, the SkinnedFolder's _index_html is never called when I
specify '.../view' so no view method is discovered. My item's
manage_editActionsForm appears to be correct.

What am I missing? Seems that if I set 'id' : 'view' it ought to
map to my action.

Additionally, would it be appropriate to provide a corresponding
folder_contents method for SkinnedFolders? (How would one override
folder_contents in the same manner - what id name to use like
_index_html)?

Thanks