[Zope-CMF] Idea relating to skins

Jon Edwards jon@pcgs.freeserve.co.uk
Tue, 26 Jun 2001 11:03:58 +0100

Chris Withers wrote:
> A thought just occured to me... yes, only the one and I'm very grateful,
doesn't
> happen often you know ;-)
>
> Anyway, what if, as well as layers, you could specify other skins in skin
> definitions?

Great idea Chris!

David, you're right that you can add individual skins to any skins-list, but
I think what Chris is suggesting is that you could create "sub-groups" of
skins and just slot in the name of the sub-group, rather than typing each
skin's name in individually?

So, if you have five skin-folders that you want to be included in every skin
(custom, content, generic, control, images - in Chris' example), you
"sub-group" them as "Basic" making it much quicker to add them to other
skins... and if you change the contents of "Basic" (add/remove a
skin-folder), you don't have to remember to go and edit all the other skins.

HTH

Cheers, Jon