[Zope-CMF] User Folder

Jens Vagelpohl jens@digicool.com
Wed, 27 Jun 2001 09:40:41 +0200

no it does not. providing your own implementation does not mean that you=20=

delete the old module. it will simply enable you to go to those portals=20=

that need the new tool, delete portal_membership and instantiate the new=20=

one based off of your own module.

as an example for overriding CMF tools in a separate python product see=20=

CMFLDAP, which overrides the membership- and memberdata-tools. it's at=20=

http://www.dataflake.org/software/cmfldap

jens

On Wednesday, June 27, 2001, at 09:29 , James van der Veen wrote:

>> james,
>
>> this functionality sits in python code and you cannot change it using=20=

>> DTML
>> or skins.
>
>> you could subclass from CMFDefault.MembershipTool.py and override
>> addMember in your custom membership tool.
>
>> jens
>

> Hi jens,
>
> so that would mean I would not be able to creat some other CMF on the =
same
> server with the posibility to
> create user (member) folders?
>
> Or would there be a way to do that?
>
> James
>

> On Tuesday, June 26, 2001, at 12:49 , James van der Veen wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I was wondering If sonmeone can tell me how to disable the creation =
of
>> user
>> folders and the initial document created for the user.
>> I tried to disable it by using portal_membership
>> So Now it=B4s turned off but the userfolders are still created upon
>> registration.
>>
>> Hope someone can help me with this. Without having to change the =
Python