[Zope-CMF] Adding acquisition containers to a CMF object.

Kent Polk kent@goathill.org
Thu, 28 Jun 2001 18:06:35 -0500 (CDT)

Dieter Maurer wrote:

> Acquisition is *always* bound to a single request.

That's what I thought, but Acquisition docs are a bit confusing
wrt how Zope actually manages them. The examples explain things
simplisticly, which is only of marginal help.

> You can use "__bobo_traverse__" to customize the traversal
> and the build up of the acquisition chain.

I have tried probably 30 different ways to implement this and
haven't determined how to make it work. I can supply the alternate
context for names specified in the URL and they get picked up, but
objects that *those* objects reference don't pass through my
__bobo_traverse__ and can't be found.

Basically, how do you perform the equivalent of adding a folder
component to the URL without having it in the URL? When looking
for suggestings, I found this question answered numerous times,
but never an answer. If I could figure this out, I think I'd be
able to solve my problem.

Thanks