[Zope-PTK] CMFTopic updates

Jeffrey P Shell jeffrey@Digicool.com
Wed, 28 Feb 2001 22:01:27 -0500

>> Sorry to report problems already. I tried to follow
>> your steps but I can't make it pass the first.
>>
>> --- Jeffrey P Shell <jeffrey@Digicool.com> wrote:
>>> ... 1. In portal_types, add a new 'Factory-Based Type Information' object.
>>> In
>>> the drop down list there should be 'CMFTopic: Topic'.  Select this and click
>>> 'Add' after giving it the id of 'Topic'.
>>
>> I don't have any 'CMFTopic: Topic' available. All I
>> see is:
>>
>> PTKDemo: NewsItem
>> PTKDemo: Document
>> PTKDemo: File
>> PTKDemo: Image
>> PTKDemo: Link
>> PTKDemo: Portal Folder
>> PTKDemo: Favorite
>>
>> FYI, I have updated to the last CVS and restarted the
>> server before trying it out (all twice) and still
>> doesn't work. Any ideas?
>
> Something isn't initializing correctly.  :(.  I should've set up another CMF
> instance (or a fresh db) to test this out better.
>
> What's going on (and hasn't been fixed yet) is that the API's that the CMF
> uses to initialize and register classes are a bit different than the normal
> Zope ones, and there are (or may be) some deprecated ones still referenced
> in the CMF.  I was trying to clean a lot of these calls out, but it may have
> put things in a bit of a hiccuped state.  (The icon isn't getting
> initialized properly for example).  Since my development site was already
> configured, these issues weren't showing themselves.
>
> There probably won't be any fix to this until tomorrow morning when I can
> get some other eyes+minds helping me figure out what's going wrong.

In the "works for me" category comes: it works for me.  I just updated
CMF/CMFTopic/Topic.py reflecting an experimental return of
'registerPortalContent' that I had in earlier this evening.

After creating a fresh CMF Site instance, it still showed up in the Factory
Types information.  I don't have any setups around at the moment based off
of the old PTK Packages (PTKBase/PTKDemo), so I don't know the effects of
mixing types from the two systems.  If you don't have the new CMF setup
installed, CMFTopic shouldn't even load since it's entirely dependant on the
new packaging.

--
Jeffrey P Shell, jeffrey@Digicool.com
http://www.zope.org/ | http://www.digicool.com/