[Zope-PTK] Installing CMF on NT4/zope2.3.0

David Kelly dkelly@ono.com
Wed, 14 Mar 2001 12:57:29 +0100

I have a fresh Zope 2.3.0 (binary release, python 1.5.2, win32-x86)
instalation running on NT4, without the patch mentioned in the
README file ...
- Zope 2.3.0 with Jeffrey Shell's "security info patch
http://cmf.zope.org/Members/jshell/security_info.patch

(I have the patch...Where does it need to go?..how do I install it?)

CMF-1[1].0.tar.gz  when unloaded creates:

CMFcore
CMFdefault
CMFtopic

I am confused about where these items should go exactly.... the
directory structure outlined in the README file is as follows and
apart from being linux seems to differ from the structure that I
have from the 2.3.0 install.....(and I have seen even more confusing
install info in the wiki.)

      - Zope configured using INSTANCE_HOME, '/var/zope', and
        SOFTWARE_HOME, '/usr/local/zope/Zope-2.3.1b1'.

My products folder appears to be in:
install_dir_name\lib\python\products

Can anyone help me with some instructions on how to install CMF on
an NT box running zope 2.3.0?

I need info on:

1. Installing Jeffrey Shell's "security info patch
2. how to update to 2.3.1b1 (if needed)
3. Required Directory structure
4. Install Procedure for win32 machines

All the best